Downriver Fish & Loaves Food Pantry volunteers are answering each call to secure a basic necessity food. They are doing this for neighbors in need. Fish & Loaves has moved forward to successfully provide drive-up-only services to distribute food to clients.
The COVID-19 pandemic leaves many of our friends, colleagues and neighbors without food. Many of the most vulnerable populations, including senior citizens and young children, rely on Fish & Loaves for their basic food needs. Parents without income or faced with potential layoffs or significant wage reduction will need emergency food.
You can help by:
- Making a donation for food purchases
- Support efforts to provide emergency food as the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting precautions, including local school closures, have left many of our neighbors in need of emergency food support.
- Donate non-perishable food items
Fish & Loaves can help those in need of food with your help. We can purchase lower cost but healthy and fresh USDA food items.
- $25 provides a family with a week’s supply of emergency staples.
- $50 provides a family with a two week’s supply of emergency staples.
- $75 provides a family with a three week supply emergency staples.
- $100 provides a family with a month’s supply of emergency staples.
The donation amounts above provide for an average family of three.
You can help restock shelves.
- $250 allows us to restock non-perishables such as soup, tuna, pasta, rice, and peanut butter
- $500 allows us to restock four shelves with non-perishable items and supplies of emergency staples.
Consider supporting Fish & Loaves as a straightforward way to help friends and community. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-992-6284.