Beginning Thursday, April 16, a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site will open in the parking lot of the Sam’s Club, located at 15700 Northline Road, in Southgate.
The site is supported by Walmart, Quest Diagnostics and local authorities, and testing will be offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to those who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and all health care providers and first responders, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms. Individual test results are expected within an average of two days. This is the first COVID-19 testing site in Southgate.
"The key to beating COVID-19 is to make testing available to everyone who needs it,” said Wayne County Executive Warren C. Evans. “Wayne County has been hit hard with cases and providing barrier free testing opportunities all across the county will help in saving lives. I am thankful for the partnership with Walmart and the City of Southgate in continuing our efforts to combat this virus.”
Testing will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuest online portal and app, www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com, which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals that meet CDC eligibility for the testing sites.
Once on site, those being tested will need to stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and a self-administered test. The site will be staffed by volunteers, including Walmart health care professionals and Quest employees. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
Details regarding the testing sites:
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
- Testing is not available inside Walmart stores or Sam’s Clubs.
- Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.