How do I know if I have a Homestead Exemption on my property?
This information can be obtained by contacting Taylor City Hall - Assessing Department at 734-374-1315. If you are a new owner and your new home will be your principal residence you will need to file a Homeowners Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit (Form 2368) with the Assessors Office to obtain the exemption. This is a one time filing requirement as long as your qualification status does not change.

Show All Answers

1. I am putting up a fence and need to know where my property lines are. Can you help me?
2. How can I get general property data such as: year built, living area and number of rooms?
3. How can I get general assessing information such as: taxpayer of record, parcel number, assessed value, taxable value and legal description?
4. I have just purchased a home in Taylor and have been given forms to file with the City. What do I need to do?
5. I have just purchased a home and understand I need to file some forms with the City. What forms do I need to file and where can I obtain the forms?
6. How do I know if I have a Homestead Exemption on my property?
7. I am adding an addition and deck to my home. How much additional property tax will I have to pay?
8. How do I determine whether my property can be split into two or more building sites?
9. I am thinking about purchasing a home in the City of Taylor, how can I estimate the amount of property tax I will be paying?
10. What is my tax rate?
11. Do I have homestead exemption on my records?
12. How do I appeal my assessment?
13. If I add a deck or other building improvements to my house, how much will my taxes increase?
14. What if I build a shed or other building addition without pulling a building permit, will my taxes increase?