Rebecca "Becky" Price joined Taylor Community Library near the end of 2016.
As Teen Literacy Paraprofessional, Becky is responsible for:
- Plans and facilitates teen events
- Purchases teen literature
- Enters youth programs onto website event calendar
In addition, all paraprofessionals are expected to:
- Represent and report on the library at meetings, programs, and other venues
- Assist with implementation and publicizing of programs, exhibits and presentations promoting library services and resources
- Becky enters youth and teen events on library calendars and maintains the youth portion of the library's website.
- She plans and maintains monthly book displays on seasonal topics, and updates the quarterly front desk displays.
- Ensure materials are processed in accordance with library policies through directly processing materials, as well as training clerical staff to process materials
- Provide technology support and instruction for library users, with emphasis on ebooks, downloadable audio, and databases
- Update and maintain library website
- Maintain inventory of library and office supplies
- Provide circulation services in a courteous manner, and train clerical staff on circulation procedures
- Provide interlibrary loan services
- Develop and produce annual and monthly reports and compile statistics
- Prepare and execute opening and closing procedures for library
- Supervise volunteers